The ESG portfolios consist of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), which are primarily invested in individual companies. Since the conservative “Core” portfolio is composed solely of bond ETFs, Acorns does not have a comparable conservative ESG (environmental, social, and governance) portfolio.
Acorns has selected your portfolio based on the responses to the questions you provided in your investor profile questionnaire. If your results show a “conservative” risk tolerance, you would need to opt into an ESG portfolio with a different risk profile, to the extent you wished to invest in an ESG portfolio. Please note this change requires you to assume additional risk.
If you are currently in a conservative portfolio and are looking for an ESG portfolio option, you have the ability to switch to an ESG portfolio; however, please note this assumes you are willing to accept additional risk.
Please see the steps below to override our portfolio recommendation and change your preferred portfolio:
- Tap the Invest For Your Future button
- Tap "Risk"
- Tap the buttons at the top of the screen to scroll through the different risk types.
- Tap on your desired portfolio, then Next.
- Tap “Change to this portfolio”
- Tap “Continue changing portfolio” to override our recommendation
- Tap “I’m sure” to confirm,
- Tap “Done” to return to the Invest Portfolio screen
- Tap “Theme”
- Tap on “Sustainable portfolios”, then Next.
- Tap on “Change to this portfolio”
- Tap “I’m sure” to confirm.
- Click on the Invest For Your Future button
- Click “Portfolio”
- Click the left and right arrows to scroll through each portfolio
- Click on your desired portfolio
- Click “Change Portfolio”
- Click “Continue changing portfolio” to override our recommendation
- Click “I’m sure” to confirm,
- Click “Done” to return to the Invest Portfolio screen
- Click “Theme”
- Click on “Sustainable portfolios”, then Next.
- Click on “Change to this portfolio”
- Click “I’m sure” to confirm.
Please note, the portfolio for your Later account is based partially on your retirement age, so the portfolio risk generally cannot be changed. However, we do offer the ability to switch the theme to our ESG portfolio.