Why can’t I have someone other than my spouse as my beneficiary?

Article author
  • Updated

If you live in a community property state (Arizona, California, Idaho, Louisiana, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin) and you want to designate someone other than your spouse, you will need to have your spouse sign a notarized document. You can contact Acorns Support for this form. 

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 found this helpful

Have more questions? Submit a request



Article is closed for comments.