With thousands of U.S. troops returning home and in order to support troops returning from Afghanistan, Acorns will be launching the Investing for Heroes promotion, offering the first 5,000 veterans and active military members waived Acorns subscriptions for life in the Family tier and a $50 investment to help them start to save and invest for their future.
Active U.S. military members and Veterans, can visit https://get.acorns.com/military/ to sign up for your Acorns account now.
In order to sign-up, please follow these steps:
- Use this link: https://get.acorns.com/military/
- Select your military status by checking the box indicating whether “I am Active U.S. Military” or “I am a U.S. Veteran”
- Tap on the “Get my $50 gift” link
- Fully complete your account registration
- You will see your $50 one-time bonus applied to your account within 30 days of completing your account registration, having your account approved, and after successfully completing your first investment
- The first 5,000 active military members and/or veterans that sign up, Acorns will waive the subscription fee for life and offer a $50 investment bonus to get them started after they initiate their first investment. The promotion ends after the first 5,000 sign-ups have occurred or after 9/30/21, whichever comes first
- This is for US active military or Veterans ONLY (Friends and family members are NOT eligible for the promotion)
During the registration, you will be automatically placed into the $0 Military tier and will have your fees waived for that life. In the Military tier, you will have access to Acorns Invest, Later, Checking, Early, Earn, Grow, etc., which are all currently offered in the Family tier
- The customer must fully complete their account registration and link a bank
- Make an initial investment of $5 or more
- This must happen by the end of September
- Following registration, Acorns will request proof of service.