While you're able to connect some prepaid cards as Acorns Round-Ups Accounts, Acorns does not allow investors to link prepaid cards as a primary checking account.
With that being said, all investments must be funded by a conventional checking account. You are able to link a checking account as your Acorns primary checking account by following the steps below:
- After logging in to your account, tap the menu (avatar) in the upper left corner of the screen
- Tap "Settings"
- Tap "Linked Accounts"
- Tap the "..." in the top-right corner, and tap "Change primary account"
- Type "123" in the search bar and tap "Don't see your bank?" at the bottom
- Enter your bank Routing Number and Account Number and tap "Link Account"
- After logging in to your account, click on the menu (avatar) in the upper right corner of the screen
- Click on "Profile & Settings"
- Click on "Linked Accounts"
- Click on "Change primary" in the upper right and click on "Link Manually"
- Enter your bank Routing Number and Account Number and click on "Link Account"
NOTE: this is the account that Acorns will use to fund your investments and charge your monthly subscription.